Black Aces Application

Considering applying to be a Black Ace? Got questions? Post 'em here!
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE WITHIN 48 HOURS, LET US KNOW HERE. (The application email system is sketchy.)
Ringo

Black Aces Application

Post by Ringo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:26 pm

Hello Aces,

I applied for the squad a few days ago. I had also previously applied but made a mistake on the application and was rejected. I do aplogize for that. A bit about myself to start. I am 40. I am a previous 14T1O for the US Army, i have a PPL with IR and am currently working on building my hours for the CPL checkride. Currently work in the aviation industry for a private charter company, mostly handling GulfStream airframes. Been flying DCS for appx a year and half, almost all of which was in the Hornet. I have an understanding of carrier operations, formation flying, AAR, and can be effective in all combat situations. I would love to get in with a squad like this that enjoys the milsim aspect of DCS. Is there anything further i can do? I'd love a chat with whoever is in charge of recruiting, or whoever does FAM flights! Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

First to Fight, First to Strike,
Nik "RINGO" Callahan

Hedgehog
Site Admin

Re: Black Aces Application

Post by Hedgehog » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:14 am

You entered false information on your application. You checked that you acknowledged that submission of false information was grounds for immediate rejection. Your application was therefore rejected and discarded, and as such you were informed in a response email.

VFA-41 is not a public service organization. Unlike other DCS squadrons, applicants are not simply automatically added to the squadron roster. Applicants are subject to review prior to being offered a commission as a Black Ace. Those individuals who demonstrate an unwillingness or inability to meet minimum expectations (such as truthfulness and ability to follow simple direction) are not offered commissions.

There are dozens of other DCS squadrons that will add you immediately. You will likely find one of them more suitable.