Intro

Considering applying to be a Black Ace? Got questions? Post 'em here!
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE WITHIN 48 HOURS, LET US KNOW HERE. (The application email system is sketchy.)
Five-O

Intro

Post by Five-O » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:02 pm

Hey there Black Aces! Just wanted to say that I really like what you guys have going here. I appreciate and respect the 12 pilot roster. I'll frequently check back and see if there are any openings. Before that happens I'm curious what kind of weekly dedication you guys are looking for? I'm a Delta pilot who resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I spend about half the month on the road and when I'm home like to do that fun Florida stuff (boats, diving, etc.). Very sporadic schedule, unfortunately. Love DCS, aviation, learning, and socializing in any way possible.

Are there any public servers you guys frequent?

Rhino

Re: Intro

Post by Rhino » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:43 am

Welcome! We have a couple of our own public training servers that anyone can come fly on. One on Caucasus and the other on Marianas. Search for VFA-41 in servers list within DCS.

We fly a weekly campaign or training mission on Sunday nights at 9:00pm eastern time. No one’s expected to make every mission, but we’re big on being a squadron of active sim pilots. We have a couple real life pilots already in the squadron, so no worries there. Keep checking back and if you see the Join VFA-41 button on the home page, we’re recruiting. Thanks for stopping by!

Hedgehog
Site Admin

Post by Hedgehog » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 pm

Unfortunately roster slot openings are pretty infrequent, which is a reflection of how VFA-41 does business. Part of why our pilots stay is because of the purposely limited pilot roster. Each Black Ace knows that he is an integral part of a team, not just another name on an infinite roster. As such, our stated participation requirement is to fly at least once a week. A pilot who can't manage at least that is of little value to the squadron.

As you are probably aware, there are many other DCS carrier squadrons out there that will automatically add any and all applicants, with their primary goal being to attract the greatest number of members possible. That's how they measure success. Many Black Aces are refugees from those huge, dysfunctional squadrons. It's easier to appreciate being part of a good organization when you've been in a bad one...

That all said, we do occasionally have a slot open, but they tend to fill quickly. All you can do is keep checking back for the 'JOIN' button to re-appear on the menu bar.

MrBean

Post by MrBean » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:06 pm

Hey Five-O just tried to shoot you a PM, but was unable. Looks like you possibly may have deleted your account, or perhaps didn't have to create one just to post in this thread? Anyway, if, by chance you are still around, shoot me a PM. I'm one of the guys who flies for a living as well and happy to chat with you about how it works out with the squadron activity requirements (still very doable, for the most part).

Five-O

Post by Five-O » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:29 am

Thanks for the replies guys. MrBean, I'm heading out for a trip for the next week, about the hit the sack. I'll create an account and PM you when I get back. Enjoy the weekend!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:29 am.