Mission Editor Resources/Tutorials

Discussion related to development of realistic carrier-based combat missions.
MrBean

Mission Editor Resources/Tutorials

Post by MrBean » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:31 am

Over the last month or two, a couple of guys have asked me about getting started in the ME and how best to go about it.

Lion is pretty much the resident expert around here, as to be honest I'd never even dabbled in the ME up until about a year ago. Both Lion and Trim are also very probably more well-versed in scripting, as everything I use is more or less plagiarized from example scripts/missions and modified to suit my needs.

Most of what I've picked up over the past year has been through YouTube examples & tutorials and/or pure trial and error. That being said, if my dumb @$$ can figure it out, anyone can and I'll fully admit that I've grown to enjoy the mission-creation aspect of this "hobby" almost as much as the flying.

I thought it would be good to start a thread/dumping ground for any good mission-creation tutorials that the Squad's mission builders have found helpful. Hopefully, they might help other members take the plunge into mission building as well. The more the merrier (and selfishly, less work for Lion and I :1cool:)

New guys: get your TQ flights done first and get your wings (don't piss off the boss), but after that I highly encourage you to give the ME a go. I'm happy to try to help or answer any questions along the way (What I don't have an answer for, I'll just ask Lion :1grin: )

MrBean

Re: Mission Editor Resources/Tutorials

Post by MrBean » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:36 am

I know there are people out there in the DCS community that have some issues with Spudknocker (same as the Reapers at times), but a couple of months ago, he put out a couple of really well done basic ME videos that basically step one through the process of creating a simple, but still interesting mission. He goes through it in a way that someone could actually follow along, pause as needed, and build a mission while watching.

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:45 pm

I am also pretty much a noob at the Mission Editor, but I do enjoy playing with it, like you said Mr. Bean, almost as much as actually flying. I have yet to do anything with scripting as nearly all computer related stuff is very foreign to me, but I do want to learn. Linked below is a play list from a guy I've learned the most from. Some of the videos are a little dated, but most of it is great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8bTvh36am5

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 am

Pros: A deep dive Mission Editor tutorial from Reflected Simulations (A guy who makes a lot of the paid campaigns in DCS)

Cons: It isn’t in much of a logical, coherent order or format and is nearly 2 hours long…😵💫

https://youtu.be/ld_u5Mv6rUE

Tremclad

Post by Tremclad » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:45 pm

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... 64d/apply/

Give it an hour? Feedback would be nice.

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:58 pm

Can someone post the file for the editable Mission Data Card we use? And also instructions for how to make sure it winds up in the kneeboard for missions? Please and thank you!

Lion

Post by Lion » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 am

Rhino wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:58 pm
Can someone post the file for the editable Mission Data Card we use? And also instructions for how to make sure it winds up in the kneeboard for missions? Please and thank you!
Bean's not here sooo.....
I just edit this as needed, screenshot the one first page/image, and they go in here:
yourmissionnamehere.miz > KNEEBOARD > IMAGES
Attachments
Mission_Data_Card_PG-1.xlsx
(94.95 KiB) Downloaded 131 times