Reshade

Hedgehog
Site Admin

Reshade

Post by Hedgehog » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 am

I'm interested to know if anybody uses Reshade with good results in DCS. When you look at some of the cinematic movies people have made, the jets look almost indistinguishable from real.

I've tried it a couple of times. Found it confusing to install. It becomes evident that it was never intended for use in DCS as DCS is not one of the available installation options amongst dozens of other games listed. Then, when you do figure out how to connect it to DCS, you discover an insane settings system, with dozens of optional packages that you must figure out which to install, and than configure the values in each one with no description or guidance as to what any of them do or how to set them.

I followed some guidance I found on YouTube, as well as downloading and trying preset .ini files made by others. The long and short is that I have never found any way to make DCS look more realistic. Mostly the settings I have tried make colors more vibrant, which just ends up making it look more like a comic book, like the old Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2.

So I've uninstalled it.