Harpoons FUBAR @ PG map?

Hedgehog
Site Admin

Harpoons FUBAR @ PG map?

Post by Hedgehog » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Did some more testing this evening with the Training Officer in the Mission server, PG map. Both loaded up with AGM-88D Harpoons.

Bottom line: as we have observed before, the weapons don't work right in R/BL or BOL modes. Usually they just ignore ship targets and fly right past, but will occasionally seem to seek a random target, not necessarily the one you're trying to sink.

The issue seems to be limited to the PG map, or at least the PG mission running on the Mission server. In the Range server and Caucuses map, I get 100% hits on target cargo ships in both R/BL and BOL modes.

As an added bonus, many large tankers on the PG map do not show up on radar, while smaller ships show up just fine.
harpoon ignore.jpg
Harpoon ignoring target ship and flying right past it.
harpoon ignore.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 2709 times

Lion

Re: Harpoons FUBAR @ PG map?

Post by Lion » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:22 am

The large cargo tankers in PG are static ships that are always there. I do not think they actually have a 3D model that you can lock up/collide/interact with.

Raid

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Lion wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:22 am
The large cargo tankers in PG are static ships that are always there. I do not think they actually have a 3D model that you can lock up/collide/interact with.
Yeah that explains a bit

Hedgehog
Site Admin

Post by Hedgehog » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Although, as the image above illustrates, I was unable to hit other ships as well. Harpoon ignored ships such as that, that also appeared on radar. It wasn't one of the stealth tankers.