Multiplayer servers

Hedgehog
Site Admin

Multiplayer servers

Post by Hedgehog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 am

To my mind, DCS World multiplayer servers are the best incentive for squadron membership and missions. Unfortunately, I think that some pilots experience the public multiplayer servers and get entirely turned off by the experience, deciding to stay in the single player world for the rest of their lives.

I've again recently tried my hand in some public servers, and found that, universally;

- they have no actual mission objectives for individual sorties, other than 'win the war.'
- there is virtually no means of acquiring intel on type and location of enemy forces.
- there is no realistic means of coordination. Each server says, "join our discord/teamspeak server," but typically there is either no one there, and if there is, no one has overall control of assets. It is just a free-for-all.
- carrier ops is not setup correctly. If TACAN is correct, there is no ICLS.

In nearly all cases, I either a) cannot locate enemy forces, and/or b) get shot down by some unseen entity after a 45 minute flight to nowhere.

I'd like to be able to latch on to some of the pilots out there who would like to participate in ORGANIZED flights that have clearly defined mission objectives and a reasonable chance of accomplishing the mission and getting back to the ship. I believe they are out there... we just need to get them in here!