New WWII Pacific Theater Sim in the Works?

Hedgehog
Site Admin

New WWII Pacific Theater Sim in the Works?

Post by Hedgehog » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:59 am

combat pilot.png
combat pilot.png (814.9 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Evidently, yes. But it looks like the project was just recently started, so it might be a while.

www.combatpilot.com

Why I'm excited about it:
- WWII Pacific Theater carrier air battles! My favorite genre!
- Developed as a US company project. I think. I don't know if this is good from a quality and timeline standpoint, but I hope the focus will be on US aircraft instead of weird Italian or Russian planes that you never heard of.
- The head of the project, jason Williams, was the head of 777 Studios, developers of Rise of Flight, an exceptional WWI sim platform.

Why I'm not excited about it:
- Jason Williams is the biggest douchebag in the flight sim community. I've had online run-ins with him back to the RoF days, wherein he pressured the forum moderators at SimHQ to ban my account for bringing up problems with the sim. I had previously been selected as a beta tester, and was subsequently informed that all beta testers had to agree not to post, comment, or report anything critical of the sim in any way.

Does that mean I won't buy it? Nope. I'll still be first in line to pre-order if it looks like it's actually going to happen, and it's not just vaporware like so many other false starts in the combat flight sim arena.