AV-8B Capability Findings

Paver

AV-8B Capability Findings

Post by Paver » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:04 am

Sidearm applicability to naval SEAD-okay so i seem to be able to lock and engage a ship with the sidearm; however, DCS treats the damage against the ship from not the missile systems on board. Even though i pumped four into the radar systems it was still able to launch its missiles. so no modeled naval SEAD as far as i can tell

Tpod limitations and applications (still updating this one)Here is the BLUF on the tpod. it works reliably at about 8 miles but up to about 10 miles it can still lase so long as the harrier is turning into the target. We are able to give the hornet long and latitude data that they can plug in an make a target waypoint that can have accurate gbu bombs dropped in auto with good reliability. Max range for ir mavericks is 8 miles onto a target lase with 350 knts and 10000 feet. I'm still looking into a few more things but wanted to pass this information on.
The laser range seems to have something to do with how DCS models the strength of the laser (strongest endpoint is about 8ish miles out. https://youtu.be/HV9qKhlpcNs

I'll continue to update this thread as we play around with the harrier in combined missions and I will also add AAR (after action review) comments here for future operations.

Paver

Specter13

Re: AV-8B Capability Findings

Post by Specter13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks Paver this will be helpful for me and anyone else making missions. It will allow us to know the limits a little better.

Paver

Re: AV-8B Capability Findings

Post by Paver » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Hey if I'm going to get to fly it I will be a subject matter expert as much as possible :D